I don’t know about you guys but packing for a trip, whether it’s a weekend getaway or a long vacation— is something I struggle with. I generally will start out with a list, but somehow always feel as if I am forgetting something. And generally, I always am!
- Shampoo/Conditioner- travel size shampoo and conditioner will generally be located in the travel section of most drugstores. I got mine at Target and I went with the TRESemme Shampoo and the TRESemme Conditioner.
- Travel size dry shampoo- I really love dry shampoo. I hate washing my hair every single day and I think it’s healthy to just give your hair a break and allow those natural oils to come through. Batiste is my favorite brand, and at TJMaxx they have a three pack of the mini travel size dry shampoos. I also know that ULTA and Target sell the travel sizes for individual sale.
- Toothpaste- You can only bring toothpaste that is less than 3.4 oz. Most drugstores will carry a travel size toothpaste. I got mine at Target in their travel section, CREST Complete Whitening plus Scope toothpaste.
- Toothbrush– Hint: in the travel section of Target and other drugstores you can find a combination kit of Toothpaste & a toothbrush. However, I generally keep multiple toothbrushes on hand at home and whenever I go on a trip, I’ll just grab one. Super convenient, and I don’t open it until I get to my destination.
- Razor- I prefer to bring a razor that is accessible and I really love the Schick Intuition Pure Nourishment. I love this razor because there is no need for shaving cream. You attach the razor fill to the handle; so when I go on trips, I make sure that I have a fresh pack (unopened) razors and just the handle. I do not bring the handle with a razor already on it–for safety purposes.
- Shaving cream– if you do prefer to bring a disposable razor, make sure the pack isn’t open and your shaving cream has to be less than 3.4 OZ. This can be purchased in the travel section at Target.
- Deodorant- this can be found in the travel sections of Target, Sephora, and Ulta, as well as any drugstore. (if you use an aerosol it cannot be any bigger than 3.4 OZ).
- it cosmetics CC Cream – I pretty much wear this on the daily. However, I know that Sephora and ULTA carry other travel size CC creams.
- Clinique sample -This is the foundation I use. However, since you can only bring a 3.4 OZ foundation in a carry-on, I went to Sephora and asked for a sample size of this. Depending on how many days your trip is, the sample size should last about 4-8 days. You can get any foundation as a sample.
- Concealer- Your concealer must be less than 3.4 OZ. You can pretty much find this at Sephora, Ulta, any drugstore. I got mine at Target and I have linked it here for you guys; the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark circles in Fair.
- Bronzer/blush- At Target I found this bronzer and blush duo, which is perfect for traveling as you want to pack as light as possible. I got the E.l.f. Aqua Beauty Blush & Bronzer Bronzed Pink Beige and I’ve linked it here for you guys.
- Highlighter- I found this gem at Target. It’s perfect to slip into your makeup bag and it’s easy to carry around as it’s so small. Here’s the link for you guys, Wet N Wild MegoGlo Highlighting Face Powder Precious Petals.
- Makeup remover wipes- You can pretty much find these at any drugstore, Sephora, or ULTA. I personally just go for the travel size Neutrogena found in the travel section of Target. These are the ones I purchased, Neutrogena Makeup Remover cleansing towelettes Travel Pack, however, they also have the option of the smaller ones which are the individual packs.
- Chapstick- you can find this at any local drug store. I really love the Palmer’s Swivel Stick Lip Moisturizer Cocoa Butter formula (I found this gem at the Dollar Tree, but Target sells it as well) a little trick with Chapstick: bring chapstick and put it around your lips and even around your nostrils. It catches the germs before they get in your nose or mouth and will help prevent you from getting sick from all the people on the plane.
- Eye drops- you can find this at any drugstore, as well. Airports can make your eyes really dry so if you wear contacts, a suggestion to wear your glasses and bring eye drops just in case. Although I don’t wear contacts or glasses, my eyes do get dry from time to time, so I like to keep in handy the Visine All Day Comfort Dry-eye relief Lubricant eye drops from Target.
- Moisturizer- Airports/airplanes are always so cold and will dry out your skin. Keeping a travel size moisturizer in your purse/small backpack will definitely come in handy. for your face: ULTAs travel size Thirst No More and for your hands: Travel size Hempz Triple Moisture Moisturizing Hand Sanitizer
- Hand sanitizer– GERMS are everywhere! Better to be safe than sorry, or more like sick from the germs, you could catch. They have travel size hand sanitizers located in the travel section of Target.
- Pain killers- you never know when a headache or joint pain might occur. They have travel size Advil, Tylenol, and any other pain killers you may need. You can find these at pretty much any drugstore. A clever trick is using an everyday pill container and labeling it each pain reliever you would be needing.
- Tissues– always good to have these handy. These are easily found at any drugstore. Target sells the travel size Tissues located in the travel section.
- Rose water spray travel size– my morning makeup routine always starts with spraying my face with rose water. ULTA has this travel size Mario Badescu facial spray as well as a few other brands.